I was driving my mum and sister to a carpark near Simei but the neighbourhood resembled that of my old home in Bedok North, with the low-storeyed shop houses and that furniture store which took up a corner of the floor.

Another scene flashed where I was in a food manufacturing factory, with a hotplate like device which was situated near some roller without the conveyor belt, and I saw Chen Jianbin, one of the TV host, donned in white chef attire and told me that he needed to visit the gent's for the "big business" and left me to take care of the place. Surprisingly, the frozen fish fillet I had placed on the hotplate, was still having the ice flakes around it and even after removing the plastic covering left on it, it did not melt for awhile.

I was back to the Bedok North neighbourhood again; this time, I saw my mum using a white mobile phone which resembled those Docomo phones from Japan and then exiting from a shop selling Chinese New Year decorations, with a pinkish glow from the shop. For a moment, I learnt from her that my grandma just passed away, which I saw myself at the hospital by her deathbed, withholding myself from breaking down.

This scene never seemed to occured in reality but I certainly could sense that sorrow especially when I had been so close to her; her death was in 1986 but it seemed like it has been postponed, as I was already in my 20s at that scene by her deathbed.

I drove my mum and sister back, while holding my sorrow back...poof.

Comments (0)