Rush to the collection of items for the CNY celebration after work and managed to get things going on; stayed back for awhile to drink with a few guys before making my way to meet Serene.

She's dressed beautifully tonight...so we made our way to Causeway Point, with a strong bearing as I needed the Gent's; fortunately not too crowded and managed "let off excess oil"...it's not too crowded except for a few stores but more importantly, getting something warm to eat as Serene has not taken her dinner; flushed down fish soup to disspell the red wine within that she detected the reek when I picked her up at Martin.

There's such a big array of clothes at Metro but nothing caught my eye except for that red top at Bods in Marina Square. Next Wednesday will be a 1/2 day but it'll be a quiet afternoon without Serene as she will be at Genting with her family during the CNY period.

We didn'st stay too long as shops are closing, and could sense she's a little tired too...I had been holding on the fatigue with my remaining chakara while driving her back, we decided to drive by to see where the Punggol haunted house was and could make out it's a sihoulette of it against the dark sky; it was a truly quiet and undeveloped part of Singapore, just a couple of minutes' drive away from the populated area.

I learnt that there's a Punggol Beach where many Chinese were executed during the WWII, off we went. Greeted by the gentle wind, I told Serene that we've finally arrived at a place away from the hustle of city life, and she was wondering if I'm ok or anything troubling me, which was negative as I do like the beach and away from city at times. Greeted by many fishing enthusiasts a few couples at the pier, we spent sometime chatting in the wind and retold the short incident of my ex-classmate, Mingyao's grandfather who missed death when the bullet hit the lighter in his pocket during a mass execution at this very place. A lone stray dog was spotted along the beach just about 50 metres from where we stood, while looking at patrol and merchant vessels sailing by slowly...the stray hound was sitting neatly while watching a family trotting the beach. The loss of many fathers & loved ones, more than 50 years ago must have been remembered to date, especially by their families...

Sometimes I wonder how these coastguard cops spend their time; food must have been delivered to them as they remain outstationed at such remotcy.

We didn't chat in the car as it had been pretty late; noticed that Serene has yawned several times; so decided to see her to the lift lobby before calling her just before I depart...I had held her hands a little in assurance when she asked if I was tired, while driving; it must've been the wine that helped me relax yet propping my energy level up with my remaining chakara.

Somehow, the date ended pretty in a different manner compared to the previous times we have met...it must be fatigue...anyhow, the time spent was really wonderful, especially with her company, hearing the gentle splatters of the sea, and the glimmering sparkles of construction waves.

Comments (0)