Just learnt that one my close friends, also my colleague, and also my junior has been converted perm.  On one hand, I am happy for him but on the other hand, for myself, am unhappy cos I'm more senior than him in terms of experience, more productive but why aren't they giving me perm??  Imagine the amount of income I lost just because I'm a contract staff...goddammit!  Are they telling me that they value people who works slower and less productive?

Nothing personal, but his perm conversion will certainly draw a line and a strain on our friendship as I feel totally unjustified.

I had deduced the other reason that he got converted is because he's favoured by my ex TL, who is a CMI; 2 years into the company and he's been promoted to TL despite his high MC rate. 

My next appraisal is in Nov...I can't imagine those happy faces showing off their new mobile phones in Dec 2010 when they get their big fat bonuses, while I'm still drawing my sucky, miserable pay here.  Let's see what the outcome of my appraisal is before I decide my next move, to be sooner or later.

That outrage had somewhat caused a wakeup effect to me; been resting much of the day but had find that the world can be as unfair as far as it goes....

Have already been resting at home the whole day with the company of my adorable guppies...and I'm glad I've rested well the whole day which allows me to work out first thing tomorrow morning.

I don't what lies ahead for me and my best friend in office, though he has SMSed me to tell me that there's still time and to take my TL's inputs positively, but I had replied straight and upfront that "I shall see how things go in Nov, get perm then say"...now our usual bunch are all perm except me.

Comments (0)