Though it's late in the night; the day had really been enjoyable as dearie and I both spent our day with our families for Mother's Day; I bought my mum a selection of dim sum for lunch, along with some tonic for her; likewise for dearie's mum, and we had a crab meal at a restaurant in Ang Mo Kio, which was located in a quiet place, yet exceptionally long queued - the queue can take up to an hour or so before you can even sit down.

Dearie had been entertained by my improved Cantonese with my mum; something I must learn from her as it will really be a pity if it's not passed on to our generation.  My mum is born a Teochew, raised by a Hokkien mother, and speaks Cantonese since young at school; something which is already pretty lost in today's Singapore society - most are either Mandarin / English speaking, making the Chinese dialects a lost legacy.  We must continue to keep the heritage going.

I wish the day could be longer, but I guess, time flies when quality time are spent.

Happy Mother's Day to my mum and dearie's mum!

Comments (0)