A slumber for about 4 hours; I got up a little earlier than planned as I did not want to miss the timing to meet the rest later.

Office is closed today in respect of King's friend who had passed on and we will be attending the last service in the morning.  A sudden departure over a span of almost 3 weeks since that bad fall incident near office and he had since slipped into coma.

I'm not here to deliver a eulogy, but no doubt not being close to this old gentleman, I could sense that he is a nice person at heart and both King and Queen have ultimate respect for him.  I still recall the time that he had given me a pack of nutmegs which has yet to be consumed, but ever since the news broke out about his departure, every morning when I have my breakfast before making way to battlebox, it reminds me of him.  The sight of the vacant chair in front of me without the usual heavy tapping of walking stick before hearing his husky voice for several weeks is still quite a sudden that he is no longer around.

Just about an hour more before meeting up the rest.  The revision will continue after paying the last respect to this old gentleman.

Comments (0)