The afternoon had been spent looking at endless lists of names, numbers and having to match them manually.  Being manual, one has to spend more time to get it sorted out and I could hear comments about why it is taking so long.

I have finally got news about my leave; and prior to the green light given, I was called in by King and he gave his bit of his mind that "even planning trips must be approved before you even book it".  I foresee that this will still go on even after I clear that paper they wanted me to do so.  As much as I try my part to explain, it had fallen to deaf ears.

I had shared with a couple of people whom I regard close about this matter.  There were comments that leave is my entitlement, which, I feel very strong and firm about it, and will not budge if my rights are breached.  I didn't want further complications, so just had to be humble to get my leave approved, and off this house rule preach so that my plans can be in place without unnecessary disruptions.

Departure from battlebox was late after hearing such irrelevant remarks as I had to go back to seeing that stream of numbers, names and pages till it was past my "limits" for staying in that shirt and tie costume if one may call it.  Made my way out of that place at the sign when the light starts dropping fast.  Fortunately, the traffic had been smooth despite being a little congested while on my way back.

Having my stomach filled was the first thing that I did after stepping into the house.

Come to think of it, applying leave to the extent that I have to be called in to listen to some music makes me think that if everyone working under King and Queen are what, slaves?  Taking leave here certainly feels like a pathetic activity to look forward to.  Does my absence can have such a great impact on the daily work?  I can't help co-relating this scenario back with that bottom-feeder post that I had tolerated for 3 years back then where a leave application 8 months before, accomodating to their "house rule" on a non-peak day can be rejected for some blatant reasons.  As much as one tries to strive, when one is under an ineffective leader, it's a sign that staying at such a  place can no longer continue.

Putting up with involuntary relinguishment rights to annual leave is the last thing that I will tolerate.  I guess it's a good time to be more observant on things beyond the horizon once again.






Comments (0)