Sometimes I wonder if there will be a proper education prgram for these people soliciting for business on the streets; When they interrupt someone doing something, ie, having lunch, or queueing for the bus, the first perception they they potray to the approached is: tactlessness.

The other possibility is that they're simply desperate for business. Take for example, an insurance agent trying to steal my time when I was already in the queue for my bus home, citing "while waiting for your bus, maybe I can take a couple of minutes to share with you..." Just a word is enough to decline her flatly as I had totally been turned off by her approach. Is she treating the bus interchange as a fishing pond for her prospects?

Another encounter was that I was lunching at a bench in the open at Hong Lim Complex and a representative from a certain society approached me WHILE I was munching my food, wanting to ask me for business and later "ei, why you eat like that?". That sure places one "precariously" on the edge.

Once again, today, one of them from the same society tried to catch my attention the moment I finished my lunch and going off to dispose rubbish; so it showed that they had already been "eyeing for a victim" to ask. I just wonder, if they're really out to help the society, why does it look more like a sales soliciting effect?

Certainly something to think about.

Comments (0)