I didn't manage to go to Melaka River as planned as I had already dozed off after dinner yesterday. Light as it gets, just a pizza and spicy floss bread completed with soya milk from the nearby 7-11.

Took a walk to see how Melaka river looks, but nothing really breathtaking, thus decided to leave for breakfast. There are a few stalls around Mahkota Plaza that sells cheap local breakfast, but I decided to give it a pass, partially, due to hygiene concerns. Finally decided to have it at Macdonalds, Big breakfast for RM9.75; still cheaper than having it back home.

Finally managed to get into the McD free wifi with a free registration and replied dearie's email to keep her updated on how I am doing here. A few shots done nearby before the horde of day-trip tourists come by, before making my way back to my hostel to complete the photo processing.

Day 1's done. Less photos taken on Day 2 as the gruelling journey had left me pretty tired. Furthermore, it isn't quite safe to go about Melaka at night being a solo traveller.

For the rest of the places which is more time-efficiently reached by car, I'll leave it for the next trip with dearie. I hope she'll enjoy it, no doubt weather can be searingly hot here. I dislike hot weather, but if I've decided to visit a hot climate country, I'm all prepared to sweat it all out.

I'll be checking out in an hour, which leaves me 2hrs to grab some local products from Jonker area before heading back to the pickup point. If only I have more energy and more time, I could venture even further than where I walked yesterday.

The place is relatively peaceful and slow-paced; hardly any shops are open when I woke up early this morning; probably they are catered to the timing of tourists' arrival to maximise business.

Let's hope the journey back home will be swift, so I have time to settle down before going back to work tomorrow.

Sent via BlackBerry from SingTel!

Comments (0)