I came by my home and saw a setup of a Chinese funeral; something unusual about it was it had Chinese dance lions, but all are coloured in white and lavender. The music that was played consisted of drums only and was done in a certain rhythm that was solemn.

A banner hung across and I saw a familiar countenance - my late grandmother who had already passed on more than 2 decades ago..so I had quite a bad feeling about it.

Up home, where it was back to my old home at Bedok North, mum was there with her usual house chores and she told me that what I saw was 'meant' for herself; she had saw 'someone' who told her that her time is almost up, and will be 'waiting' for her at the coffeeshop nearby our home. That sounded like the Angel of Death.

My mum had told me that she doesn't like spending on material things, as her sole joy was to be eat; something that many people do not find ultimate enjoyment as she does.

I was helping her hang clothes too as we chatted, and she told me about a joke that an auntie downstairs had an idea about extending the length of the bamboo pole by clipping the ends with the clothes pegs; but later, an uncle blurted out 'your pole's too short, how are you going to rest it between 2 chairs?' That was really funny and we both had a good laugh.

At this moment, I could feel that it's the joy we look at in life that keeps one going, and possibly live longer.


Sent via BlackBerry from SingTel!

Comments (0)