Today's trip is a little up to the North.  Ive got quite a considerable rest the day before but still managed to do some decent planning while having breakfast.

A pretty long journey passing by Hawsbury River, quite a sight to spice up the vegetation-dense surrounded journey.

The plan was to go on to Dungog but having seen the architecture at Wyong, I decided to stop by for lunch and have a look around the town.  From the painting marked on the local post office, this town has been around for more than a century.

Lunch was done at Jolly Pelican with a seafood platter.  As harmless as it looks, finishing them was more than meets the eye.  I had to take some lemonade to curb off the oily sensation as it had begun to cast a disgusting sensation of overeating seafood.  From the time taken, I must have spent at least 1/2 hour just to get all the seafood into me.  Potatoes were served generously - at least 3/4 filled on the plate.

Now I can continue my walking to help burn off some calories.

Behind the shop is a used goods store which is a little unusual - you name the price for what you want to buy.  Anything from walking sticks, children's seats  and racks.  What further caught my attention was the river just behind Wyong Hotel, pretty densely surrounded by vegetation and looking deep-bodied.

Lots of 19th century buildings fill this place.  Being up in the mountainous area, wind velocity is pretty strong here too.

The journey up here took longer than I expected due to track reworks. It was already quite late by the time I finished, so I  decided to make my way back instead of heading further North (especially with the delays from track reworks).  While on the way back, more Rail Officers could be seen boarding the same train, and later saw them again at Central station, where they nabbed someone who seemed to be a stowaway.

Did some planning for the next day, which is my final day for exploration.  With the expected train delays, I have to come up with a contingency plan to go somewhere which I can commute faster by other means.  Some of the national parks have very limited bus schedules so I couldnt go ahead with those plans.


Comments (0)