Finally arrived after a 7-hour flight which I almost fell asleep soon after takeoff.

The weather here is much cooler - far more than what I had expected but still tolerable.
Nearest station to where I lived is Museum station which still bears the flavour of the earlier century's architecture but nothing falling apart. It's actually about 6mins' walk from the station which I had arrived only at 4pm local time after seeking help from a pretty receptionist at a Chinese restaurant in the CBD area. It took me awhile to find myself my hostel which happened that the road was unmarked on the map I got from the airport.

This CBD area is quiet like a ghost town as it was Sunday when I arrived.

For the rest of the places, shops had already closed when I discovered them, but without the crowd, it allowed me to appreciate the architecture and get some clean shots.

Down Pitt Road, rows of Korean and Indian restaurants lined the street and it was like a little Korea as many Koreans tend to hang around that area.

Even when shops are closed, one can still see buskers and beggars at street junctions trying to get the attention of kind souls.

Further down George Street (a pretty long road), I hit Chinatown and the places that business were still on were the eateries, which locals and many Asians could be found. This was one part of Sydney City where one can see much more life in, apart from the bars and pubs scattered all over but nothing too far a walk.

Today's furthest distance was Chinatown.

I have to switch my bag tomorrow so that I won't be bogged down with weight unbalancedly should I need to get some supplies for daily living.

Sent via Cyrus' BlackBerry

Comments (0)