I was playing basketball in this indoor court where many people were gathered there and playing random small matches in their own corner; nothing formal and organised while some sat at the spectator aisle and watched or gathered in small groups to chat.

I saw Kenny, one of my secondary school mates who was pretty proficient in basketball.  He was still as good as ever, and as I dribbled the ball, I realised that I still had difficulty not looking at the ball and yet moving around freely without losing consistency in dribbling.  After a few dribbles and practices, there was one huge balloon which had the imprint of a basketball - making it look like a giant basketball that was bounced across the court.

Soonafter, I was taking a bus (appears to be Bus 27) and had missed a bus stop near Blk 943 where the next bus stop was already over the slope of Simei Avenue towards Simei town.  I alighted from that bus stop and took a short walk back.   Along the road back, I could see some shophouses that had never seemed existent and some of them were displaying merchandises a little further away from their stall (ie like a mini roadshow) to gain more business.  I wandered into this 7-11 where there was a room which lead me to an indoor ruby / American football court.  My name had somehow been referred to their captain, Sharp Neil Shanderburg (a Spain team), where they had been looking for a final player to complete the squad.

We ran through some practices and after using the place, another group of real big and bulky guys came in and had their go for their own practice.  Sharp told me the good news about the completion of his team and thereafter, "finally, we can have a complete group shot of the team" (I was appointed photographer as it seemed that whoever had referred me there was about my profession).  He had later showed me the logo that was to be printed as the team's icon - strangely fast that this design of a facial feature appeared after some "tie and dye".

Back to the 7-11 shop outside the indoor court.  Sharp wanted to make this team official and I told him that we need to get a lawyer to get things formalised especially for professional sports contracts or the sort should someone hire them for professional services.  "About the logo, we need to do something about the eyes" as the left and right eye of the symbolic icon did not appear symmetrical.  Sharp was actually working at this shop as a part-timer between certain periods.  We also discussed whether someone can take his place while we send him out to run some errands for his sports team while his place is being relieved by a substitute - that was where he commented it won't be fair since any of us were not trained on where to get goods and to serve customers on his behalf when he was the actual person who was employed.

"Beep..." the clock rang.  6:45am.  Seems like another dream.

Comments (0)