It was a venture back into some village where I could see some wooden-boarded houses.

I entered one of these houses where I saw one of my ex comrades in course, who was running a shop here. His shop is covered by using wooden boards instead of metal grills; those plank by plank style that was used in the early days.

His name is Chun Yan whom I had bumped into a few times when I was at Bedok North Blk 85 food centre. I saw him talking with a few of the coursemates I had seen, though not close, and later on he gave me a durian to bring back. Though that wasn't my intent of visiting him, it was very kind of him to give that to me.

After some casual chats, I thanked him and left the place, bidding all 3 of them farewell as I made my way out of the place.

An unexpected yet pleasant surprise which the starting place that lead to this wooden built-up shophouse was from the corner of this old town that I had seen some time back. Greenish painted walls, with tungsten bulbs providing minimal lighting, that was perched above the ground like those warehouses in some of the army camps I had been to during my tour of duty.

When I opened my eyes at 650am, that was where I realised I had fallen asleep while laying on the bed last night.
Sent via my BlackBerry

Comments (0)