I met a few of the old BB boys in my company when I was walking through this old street of what appears to be the architecture of  Balestier surrounding me.  To date, this place has been pretty in the same shape except for some new developments, repainting of some old structures and the like.

First 5-foot way, a pale yellow building with old metal grilles was the place where I had bumped into Gary Ow, one of the prominent NCOs during our ECA times.  He was with his son, now a toddler - a scene of his recent photo posted in Facebook was showing that it was like a recollection of that scene of him playing with his son.  We exchanged a few conversations while he still bore his friendly persona.

Crossing to a junction, I met Songjie, an old time friend whom I had known way back to 1993.  He was trying to do some filming of the street junction - seemingly on assignment and fiddling with his video cam - all at a low, yet wide angle where the entire junction could be captured.  I noticed him and gave him some help to start up the camera - the buttons were all aligned in a sleek manner just above the liveview screen on a protruding panel below the optical viewfinder.  While doing this, I shared with him about Canon 5DMKII where it had the capability to capture videos in a decent frame pace which is fast replacing full-fledged video cams in the film industry.  It seemed that the camera he was using is a Canon, but upon closer examination, it's a Sony, and sporting an unknown make which I had never seen / heard / read about.  The structure was somewhat like a H4D where the body looks rather boxy with a solid-built, turrent-like lens.

After getting up and moving on, I had somewhat opened my eyes, and realised that it's already 5:41am.  I must have dozed off so unknowingly in the comfortable temperature.

Comments (0)