It was like a scene down memory lane.

First, I saw myself in an old British barracks setting where there are family members as well as boss from mainstream, some remarks exchanged about faith views.

Next scene showed me trailing a rag-and-bone lady who was shabby and had pooly-maintained appearance. She was going around salvaging scrap metal and we saw this unit in the block of flats we were in, where it was only accessible by a single beam and was all metal-plated up; even the 'signboard' was a kind of shiny metal plate with some Chinese words printed on it like a 'residential temple'.

We decided to move on since there's no proper access to that unit. I later saw dearie and her family in a corridor-unit that resembled those older flats in Bedok North St 3 and I had popped by to ask if they had eaten. Her brother was eating a cake which looked delicious (but had reminded me of an inedible 'ice cream on Oddity).

I saw Gary Ow, an ex-ECA friend who is now a businessman; and his beginning to his current success was also humble. I shared this with a fellow BB friend while on the bus back: according to him, after leaving the forces, he work as a chef with SFI before getting into partnership along with 2 others. Now he is a boss of a food catering chain. While sharing about all these, we had all been commuting via a LRT like monorail where it was quiet and comfortable.

Final scene showed me taking a cab and I had told the cabbie to drive me back to this old camp - where it resembled Gullimard Camp.

7am, time to get back to the real world.
Sent via BlackBerry from SingTel!

Comments (0)