I had a wonderful time chatting with Elaina; was supposed to meet her nearby her place but thought of giving her a surprise to pick her up at her school as her school hours ended quite late.

The journey was quite a challenging one as I had been seemingly doing a night race, while looking for the mentioned location. In the end, by the time I’ve found her, she has just reached home…in any how, it’s a trip worth for as I am able to find shortcuts for various towns.

Driving past my old workplace certainly does bring back memories of those late shift-hours; the calls, the colleagues, the jokes we had during silent hours…all these will always be in memory.

We went to a nearby coffeeshop which seems new, yet quite incomplete as there are limited stalls and definitely serving limited variety of food. She showed me the pictures taken at her school and she has a nice company of friends…it’s so nice to hear her just talk about what she does during Christmas eve, and the day itself, as she only meets up with these friends once annually.

She only took rojak for dinner, which definitely won’t be filling, but according to her, she doesn’t want to eat anything heavy, so it shall be. I had a fish porridge to keep that stomach warm after all that clouding in the aircon while battling my way to search for her.

We chatted till around 11:30pm and I sent her home, accompanied by her mum’s call while the way back; wish I could spend more time talking to her but time seems to pass so quickly.

Shortly after I said goodnight to her, I entered slumberland.

Comments (0)