I walked to this patch of vegetation and after some distance, I came to a clearance where I was told about a famous waterfall, nicknamed 'Manila' that was located just beside a block of HDB flats.  The reason why it was called so was because if you slide down to the bottom of it, it brings you directly to the airport.  Well known as Filipinos used it as the fastest way to get to their flight.

Since I'm here, I thought I'd discover it myself.  From far, indeed it looks like a pure vertical waterfall, but after getting closer, it's a little inclined and you can literally sit on it, ride the waves and reach the bottom.  It certainly was a fun ride, and I was constantly reminded that I should wear a thick bottom to take care of the friction as I take the journey down.

Next scene went into a place where I coincidentally met a few of my primary schoolmates; of which, one of them was named Emily Chia, whose mother was someone I got to know in the neighborhood.  There was Allan Chia (coincidentally my former commander's name), who was her son and Emily was his sister.

We had a good chat for all the things that occured during these 20ish years and found out from her that she is no longer married as she didn't have a good husband; it was someone much older and he wasn't doing his role well, so that's why she moved back to live with her mum.

Allan is now in the private sector and doing pretty well; definitely much happier than he was when he was in the armed forces.

Next scene showed me walking through the shopping mall with Chia Yong and he saw Yanchao where they exchanged friendly handwave gestures as we walked on.  They knew each other through working in the same bank; that explained how they got to know each other (Chiayong was my subordinate and Yanchao my highschool classmate).

We walked past a coin deposit machine which account reference could be done simply with a thumbprint scan and you can deposit your money right away.  Chiayong did that quickly and we could continue walking on, but there was an alert the coin wasn't deposited correctly, so he had to go back to pick up the 'bad' coin.

I finally managed to wake up at 7:15am after an intermittence at 6am.

Comments (0)