This year's reunion was done as a lunch, at Yummy Crab, which was a 9-course meal, that certainly filled my stomach to a substantial level, though still undefeatable.

Good thing we had it all done in the afternoon as the evenings will definitely be crowded and packed, since it's a Chinese New Year Eve; mum had been chanting the phrase of a family union considering that our family's pretty small in numbers, and I know exactly where she's getting at.  Before going down, she had hinted to me to say hi to my bio-brother, whom we have ceased to talk more than a decade ago.  I've made my move, since he doesn't reciprocate, I shall hold my ground.

The evening was spent at dearie's place with a traditional steamboat dinner which I could feel the family's warmth, though most of the time is spent watching TV at her place, after dinner, along with 3 cans of Heinekken which is still within my capacity.  Having her family's warmth compared to mine makes it odd that my aunt had to specify this is only restricted to family members attending only...I can understand now why dearie is less keen to come to my place after knowing all these; plus it wouldn't be a good idea for me to question why she's not invited.

For now, let the matter rest.

Comments (0)