Woke up at 5am and commenced my routine workout.  As I had finished early and fresh, hence, I’ve decided to make my way here so that I can have some personal time before work takes those time away from me.

I had just learnt about the death of Ricky Hui one of the Hong Kong comedians of the 1980s - 1990s along with his two brothers, namely, the Hui Brothers.  Death is really inevitable, but at least he had lived till a pretty decent age.

That triggered my mind to read about some notable deaths.  Many of these have lived up to a pretty old age, but again, there are some people whom I’ve not heard / read about that had passed on as early as 32 years old.

Sometimes, I had wondered why the very talented people had passed on so young, and some of the cases were due to SUDS, which I learnt from a documentary show “Unnatural” hosted by Darren Lim.  Could it be their exceptional talent that they have reached their maximum “exposure” that it’s time to be called home, or like my mum says, that they’re too good till the gods are jealous? 

I’m not sure if I had written something on this before, but this had been something on my mind for awhile, and since I might have left off on this topic sometime back, I thought, it would be a good idea to go deeper into my thoughts on this subject.

Comments (0)