It's the first time I'm went for an interview with a modelling agency; the journey was tiring from from the dreamy mind I had after some intensive work and making my way there; it took me a while to find the place, 80 Lorong Limau, which turned out to be a standalone building in the middle of a carpark beside a low-levelled shophouse called Whampoa Food Centre.

Lots of self-stuck signboards along the wall leading to a lift which brings me up to #02-195, welcomed by a door stuck with variosu studio shots and signboard of contact no depicting "modelling agency" with a cellphone no.
The first thing I noticed about the office is that it's full of clutter with a huge professional videocam perched on a tripod. I was asked to fill up a form, watch the documentary and some files. Thereafter, I was asked to see the boss who also appeared a a few ads which he rattled very quickly about the job.
Without asking much about me, he told me that I need to pay $1000 upfront as joining fee and when I resisted, he started telling me about how many were cheated with lower fee deals and showed me several articles of these cheating agencies...well I went on to question him why that price and he explained it's meant for promoting purpose and photos will be taken using film, preaching it's real quality compared to those digitally taken which are cheapskate and only comes out in a data CD.

When I didn't want to fork out any money, he offered instalment paymen scampily and was ready to fill up the receipt booklet with his shiny pen, and while explaining, gave me a few articles / namecards telling me you can earn a few thousand here and there for appearing in this and that...

I decided to turn down as I don'First pre-glam encountert feel comfortable about his idea to ask me to pay first with no promises of assignments thereafter; which many have fell victimised by such people.

I had to eat soon after I left the place as I resisted hunger to settle this once and for all. It's still a good eye-opener to get an insight of how a person will first experience for that desire for glam. Of course, there are good ones out there but for this one, I'll definitely give it a pass. As the saying goes, the first impression lasts, how true can it be with the view I saw of his office at the first encounter.

Comments (0)