21 years just passed so quickly, which I was reminded of visiting my grandmother in SGH 21 years ago, and the height adjustment of the patient’s bed was controlled by the turning of various knobs for various elevations.

This time, it has been replaced with electronic control that my third uncle, who had been admitted to due to his fall down and the swell in his left hip joint. He is already 69 years old this year; 10 years senior to my dad. My grandmother was his mum and he has lost much way, bringing the resemblance of his mum so much closer. I remember that he used to have quite a big paunch and was pretty fleshy back then when he was healthier.

There was a little dipping of my emotions when I was reminded of my grandmother whom I still miss very much to this date, who has left the world 21 years ago from cancer. No doubt my third uncle’s not feeling very well, he still managed a very warm and friendly smile which brings about a prickle in my heart that will somehow wet my eyes, because every inch of that smile he carries tells me how much he cares for me and reminded me of every bit of my grandmother who took care of me during my toddler days, and every sight that he winched in pain while trying to move to a more comfortable position brought pain to my heart too.

My cousin sister dropped by to see him from work as she is working in Tanjong Pagar, and managed to get her mobile number after so many years. The last time I visited them was for a business visit as I wanted them to benefit from the Healthmag that I was using, but then it’s the past and no longer matters.

Pray that God will keep him in best comfort and let him be well after his operation which will be tomorrow.

Comments (0)