We woke up around 4 - slightly behind schedule and by the time we left Kevin's home, it was about 5am; my ride was parked a little further away and finding the way out was a little challenging as I had to wriggle and wind through the unfamiliar layout of the estate; anyhow, I was a little perspiry by the time I met up with everyone.

Aster is going back to her hometown too; as both herself and Iris are locals.

6am+ Woodlands checkpoint hit at and it took me a while to link up with the rest as I took a slight detour; the direct route was the NS Highway which dips left upon clearance of Malaysian Immigration - anyhow we managed to link up at the Macdonalds which was about 30 mins drive from where I last communicated with them in Johor Bahru.

The first stopover was about an hour or so of drive up and we took the opportunity to reload on rations, clear our "excess oil" and discuss on the next order of move.  Not a bit of the lack of rest is hitting me as I continue to keep myself well-hydrated.

By the time we hit Ipoh, it was already way past lunch time and we all continued to live on the packed food we got from the few stopovers; sun had picked up tremendously.

3pm+ At Penang Bridge, time had passed so much quickly and I could see a major traffic slowdown apart from the slowdown along the highway due to bottlenecked roads and rainy areas.  This place was a little more challenging to drive, but the motorist here are not as rash like those in Singapore.  It took us almost an hour to reach Aster's place before we made our way to Iris' place.

Once touchdown, her mum brought us out for food - the first stopover was at a coffeeshop which sold various types of noodles such as the fried kuay teow, pig innards beehoon, rojak and more types of noodles.  Still feeling fresh at this point of time.

8pm+ More food; I call this the 2nd stuffing session.

When we were done and ready to rest, it was already past midnight and that was when I finally lay rest for the day.  Iris was still astonished that I am strong and going up to this point in time - considering I had only 3 hours of sleep the night before.  Since I'm putting up at Iris' place, I shared the room (Iris') with Kevin and she slept with her mum.

Comments (0)