Saw myself in this ammo base like camp which reminded me of those days when I was on course and had to walk across the bridge to the next camp for other training sessions.

The setup this now looked little different; lots of trees as if we were in Botanic Gardens as we had to do a run which was about 10ish km, where I saw some ex-comrades like Norman Kee (he was a well-known gold medalist for the IPPT) and after running several rounds, I got bored and decided to head out of camp to run.  The road the left of the camp's exit after downhill of about 100m was covered in thick weeding and being dim-lit, I could not ascertain the depth of the shroud and decided to head the  other direction.

After a run and heading back, I noticed the guardhouse at the foot of the hill now is being used, painted in pale grey and shielded by 2 converging walls, making the entrance to the sentry post unit rather narrow.  There seemed to be a bridge nearby that allows one to cross over to reach the camp premises directly.  I saw my ex-comrade Bee Peng where we exchanged smiles to greet each other.

Eyes opened at 7am and I realised I was in bed.

Comments (0)